Aim: The course introduces students to the terminology and aspects of risk classification, including the importance of risk management in ensuring the safety of processes and the environment. The course also includes the explanation of the phases of the general scheme of risk assessment and control, basic methods of collection and interpretation of input data and the formulation of principles for determining the scope and objectives of risk analysis. An integral part is the interpretation of qualitative methods and procedures for compiling a register of threats, endangered assets, defining the level of risk and vulnerability of assets, screening, including setting priorities and assessing the acceptability of risks. Subsequently, the basic methods and procedures of design and selection of measures to prevent and reduce risks using inventive methods and methods of risk monitoring are briefly clarified.
Credits: 7 ECTS
The lectures, practices, related team-work will focus on:
- Introduction to the Study of the Subject (an acquaintance of students with the structure of the subject, conditions for granting credit and the course of the exam) and Terminology of Risk Management;
- Classification Aspects of Risks;
- General Risk Management Scheme, Methods of Data Collection and Interpretation;
- Identification, a Compilation of the Register and Verbal Assessment of the Level of Threats and Endangered Assets
- Qualitative Risk Screening;
- Basic Procedures, Principles and Methods of Risk Prevention, Mitigation and Monitoring;
- Design and Selection of Measures to Prevent and Minimize Risks Using Inventive Methods;
Fee (on-line course included only):
- Early Bird: EUR 200; Deadline: 30 April 2021
- Regular: EUR 220; Deadline: 31 May 2021
Guarantor: Ing. Slavomíra Vargová, PhD.
Lecturer: Ing. Slavomíra Vargová, PhD.