Organized by: Faculty of Management and Economics
5 ECTS credits
- Problem solving and quantitative analysis for decision making, model development, data preparation, model solution, report generation, implementation, Management science technique
- Linear programming. Problem formulation, economical model, mathematical model, solution (graphical, software), sensitivity analysis and interpretation of solution. Linear programming applications (marketing, finance, production management, transportation). Solution of LP models – the simplex method, distribution method.
- Network models. Shortest route problem, minimal spanning tree problem, maximal flow problem. Project scheduling – CPM/PERT (the concept of critical path, determining of critical path, time slacks), time-cost analysis.
- Waiting line models (queuing theory). Structure of waiting line system (single-channel waiting line, distribution of arrivals, distribution of service time, queue discipline, steady-state situation, multiple-channel waiting line models, economic analysis of waiting lines.
Competences required: basics of mathematics, linear algebra and statistics
Fee (course, accommodation, breakfasts and events are included):
- First round („early bird“): EUR 620 (deadline: 30 April 2019)
- Second round: EUR 670 (deadline: 31 May 2019)
Guarantor: RNDr. Bedřich Zimola, Ph.D.
Lecturer(s): RNDr. Bedřich Zimola, Ph.D.